Sunday, October 7, 2018

Why I Changed My Blog Name & A Daily Update

Cardigan: Target // Shirt: Shein // Shorts: Belk // Booties: Target // Purse: Crown & Ivy

Hey everyone! Welcome back! Today's post is a little different than usual. I'm just doing an update on what I did today, but mainly telling you why I changed my blog name.

So I absolutely loved today because I got to spend it with my family. Well most of the day anyways. I slept in until 12 (oops) I work the night shift at my job so when I get home I crash and sleep wayyy too late. But I got up and I went to Olive Garden (my favorite place to eat!) with my parents for lunch. Then my mom and I decided to head out to the stores. We went to Target, Old Navy, and Belk. We bought lots of items that I cannot wait to show on the blog!! I know you're going to love them. Once I got home I just cleaned up my room and decorated it for Halloween (watch out for that post!).

Okay, so now to the real reason I'm writing this post. If you've been following me since I first started my blog you know my blog's name was Never Overdressed. I did this because of one of my favorite quotes which is "You can never be overdressed or overeducated." by Oscar Wilde. But I never was set on the idea of that being my blog name because I just felt like it was not very personal. Also as I went along I felt as though I want to keep my main topic on my blog as fashion, I might want to branch out to other topics too and having Never Overdressed as my blog name did not really allow people to see that there might be other topics besides fashion. And so that's where the ball started rolling for me to change the name.

Now, my blog's name is Madison's Cup of Tea. Let me explain where I got this from. It's partially from the saying "cup of tea" because everything I write about on here is something I love and have a passion about. But it's also because I just really love a good cup of tea. You'll always find me ordering sweet tea from a restaurant or holding a cup of hot tea while typing up a blog post.

So yeah, that's why I changed my blog name and now I hope next time you'll drink a cup of tea while reading my next post.

1 comment: